Eco Africa Social Ventures helps communities living in poverty to launch or expand sustainable crafting enterprises. By offering financial assistance, operational support and access to global markets, we create pathways to economic empowerment and build stronger communities.
Our approach is highly tailored, but there are some common steps:
- We work with crafting communities in Africa
- Our emphasis is on empowering women living in poverty
- We pursue and cultivate relationships with crafting communities and we work with them to pursue and leverage local networks and resources
- We provide seed funding to help launch or expand a local crafting enterprise
- We connect crafting communities with the global marketplace. We maintain a deep network of retailers and wholesalers who we continuously update with information about products made by the crafting communities we work with. Our growing network of wholesalers and retailers offers huge opportunities for crafting communities to access export markets for their products.